Roasted pumpkin and adzuki bean dip with warming spices of cinnamon, cumin, cardamom, cloves and fresh ginger.
With the holiday and party season around the corner, I’ve got some healthy inspiration for you today. This Pumpkin and Adzuki Bean Dip is a delicious twist onto more traditional hummus recipe using roasted pumpkin and adzuki beans.
Inspired by masala seasoning it’s spiced with lovely warming spices of cinnamon, cumin, cardamom, cloves and fresh ginger. A lovely seasonal dip recipe to fit any festive table setting.
Wonderful recipe if you have some roasted pumpkin leftover, but if you don’t, it only takes 30 minutes to bake once chopped into wedges. You don’t need much, I’ve used about a quarter of a medium pumpkin, which gave me about one and a half cup once roasted.
If you prefer, do cook your own adzuki beans, for the convenience I’ve just used canned ones from Biona. It’s a very simple recipe and once all of the ingredients are prepared, it takes only a few minutes to finish off. I’ve had a great fun creating this dip recipe and am totally in love with it! Hope you’ll enjoy it too:)
- 250g pumpkin (2 cups chopped)
- 1 can adzuki beans (1 1/2 cups)
- 2 garlic cloves
- small piece of fresh ginger, peeled
- 1/2tsp cumin
- 1/2tsp cinnamon
- pinch of cardamom
- pinch of cloves
- 3tbsp olive oil
- juice of ½ lime
- sea salt and black pepper
- toasted flaked almonds
- fresh coriander
- extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F (200° C) , 350 °F (180°C fan)
- Peel the pumpkin, remove the seeds and chop into wedges.
- Place on a baking tray, toss with some sea salt and drizzle of olive oil and bake for about 30min until soft and slightly browned around the edges.
- Drain the adzuki beans.
- Place all of the ingredients into a food processor and blend until combined.
- Garnish with some toasted flaked almonds, fresh coriander and good drizzle of olive oil.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 247Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 119mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 6gSugar: 9gProtein: 5g