Delicious cozy breakfast, perfect for the early September days when you are craving something warm and cozy.
This delicious cozy Plum and Cinnamon Porridge has been my breakfast for the past few weeks. I’m absolutely in love with it, it’s such a perfect start to my day in these early September days when I’m craving something warm and cozy in the morning.
The plums work so well in a porridge and if you’re a fan, you absolutely have to try this one! Farmers markets and shops are full of plums at the moment, they are so sweet and juicy and great price.
This porridge is quick to make and very filling, you can definitely fit it into your morning routine. I sometimes get the porridge going on the stove while brushing my teeth to save time as I absolutely have to eat a good breakfast in the morning.
Make one large pot for all the family, I’m sure you will all love it. You can substitute the plums with other seasonal fruit, I sometimes add frozen berries, top with coconut, nuts, seeds…but for this one the simplicity is the key.
- 2 plums, cut in quarters
- 1 cup oats (90 grams)
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup water (240 ml)
- 1 cup almond milk (240 ml)
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Place oats with pinch of salt, water and almond milk into a small pot and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 4-5 min stirring in between.
- Add quartered plums and boil for another 1 min until they warm through and soften.
- Scoop your cooked porridge into a serving bowl, top with coconut oil, drizzle of honey and sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Enjoy right away!
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 281Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 79mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 6gSugar: 14gProtein: 7g