With Valentine’s Day coming soon, I wanted to create something to fit the occasion and so these Raw Coconut and Raspberry Bars have been born today. I got quite creative with this recipe and I’m very happy how they turned out. It’s actually a very simple recipe, yet effective and a pure bliss. They are very coconut rich, nut-free, dairy-free and oh so nice:)
The bottom layer has a mix of creamed coconut, coconut oil, maple syrup and desiccated coconut which makes a nice solid texture once set. I’ve used creamed coconut from Biona, which is the same thing as a coconut butter, but much better value. The top layer has raspberries mixed in to the first layer to create a contrasting colour and flavour. The raspberries give it a nice sharp and zesty taste, but not too overpowering. Finally it’s all topped with dark chocolate and rose petals, just perfect for Valentine’s Day:) Enjoy with the beautiful people you love!
Love & Light Hxx
- 200g bar creamed coconut/coconut butter (1 cup)
- 4tbsp coconut oil
- 3tbsp maple syrup
- 1tsp vanilla
- pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- 125g desiccated coconut (1¼ cup)
- 100g frozen raspberries (1 cup)
- 1tsp lemon juice
- 1tsp maple syrup
- 25g desiccated coconut (1/4 cup)
- 50g dark chocolate
- dried rose petals
- Line about 7"square dish with parchment paper.
- Place raspberries into a small pot with 1tsp lemon juice and 1tsp of maple syrup and simmer for about 5 min until soft and mushy. Leave to cool down.
- In a different pot gently melt creamed coconut with coconut oil, stir in 3tbsp maple syrup, 1tsp vanilla and pinch of salt. Place 125g desiccated coconut into a bowl, pour the coconut mixture over and mix well. Spoon ⅔ of a mixture into prepared dish and press down.
- Add raspberry mix to the remaining ¼ of a mixture together with 25g of desiccated coconut and mix well. Spoon on top of the white layer and smooth down.
- Place into a fridge for about an hour or freezer for about 30 min to set.
- In the mean time gently melt chocolate in a double boiler and leave to cool.
- Once set remove from the fridge and with a sharp knife cut into 16 squares. Drizzle with melted chocolate all over and sprinkle with rose petals.
- Store in a fridge.