These coconut rich, nut-free and dairy-free no bake raspberry bars make a perfect healthy treat.
With Valentine’s Day coming soon, I wanted to create something to fit the occasion and so these Coconut and Raspberry Bars have been born today. I got quite creative with this recipe and I’m very happy how they turned out.
It’s actually a very simple recipe, yet effective and pure bliss. They are very coconut rich, nut-free, dairy-free and oh so nice:)
The bottom layer has a mix of creamed coconut, coconut oil, maple syrup and desiccated coconut which makes a nice solid texture once set. I’ve used creamed coconut from Biona, which is the same thing as coconut butter, but much better value.
The top layer has raspberries mixed into the first layer to create a contrasting color and flavor. The raspberries give it a nice sharp and zesty taste, but not too overpowering. Finally, it’s all topped with dark chocolate and rose petals, just perfect for Valentine’s Day:) Enjoy with the beautiful people you love!
- 1 cup creamed coconut/coconut butter (200 grams bar)
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- 1 1/4 cups desiccated coconut (125 grams)
- 1 cup frozen raspberries (100 grams)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut (25 grams)
- 50g dark chocolate
- dried rose petals
- Line about 7"square dish with parchment paper.
- Place raspberries into a small pot with 1 teaspoon lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of maple syrup and simmer for about 5 min until soft and mushy. Leave to cool down.
- In a different pot gently melt creamed coconut with coconut oil, stir in 3 tablespoons maple syrup, 1 teaspoon vanilla and pinch of salt. Place 125 grams desiccated coconut into a bowl, pour the coconut mixture over and mix well. Spoon 2/3 of a mixture into prepared dish and press down.
- Add raspberry mix to the remaining 1/4 of a mixture together with 25 grams of desiccated coconut and mix well. Spoon on top of the white layer and smooth down.
- Place into a fridge for about an hour or freezer for about 30 min to set.
- In the mean time gently melt chocolate in a double boiler and leave to cool.
- Once set remove from the fridge and with a sharp knife cut into 16 squares. Drizzle with melted chocolate all over and sprinkle with rose petals.
- Store in a fridge.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 150Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 51mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 2gSugar: 10gProtein: 1g
- Raspberry White Chocolate Bars with Sunflower Seed and Tahini Crust (grain-free & vegan)
- Pumpkin Chocolate Bars (vegan, gluten-free, nut-free)
- Raw Carrot Cake with Pistachios and Lime Coconut Frosting (grain-free & vegan)
- Raspberry Hibiscus Chocolate Tarts (grain-free & vegan)
- Pistachio and Strawberry Raw Cake (grain-free & vegan)