I wanted to develop crackers that are really tasty and really easy and simple to make. These buckwheat and rosemary crackers recipe does just that; really simple to make, crispy and taste really good.
As I have recently cut out eating too much bread, yes, I can definitely over do it on the bread front, these come really handy. Now I treat myself to a nice sourdough loaf of bread from my local farmers market once a week and thoroughly enjoy it. And in the mean time I have these to eat with some yummy dips and lots more veggies hopefully!
This is a quick and simple recipe and in no time you will have 32 yummy crunchy crackers ready to enjoy. Fantastic dipped in hummus or just on their own they are a yummy treat anytime, as a starter or part of your lunch.
The combination of the buckwheat, almonds and flaxseed works really well and the addition of rosemary gives these crackers beautiful flavour. Overall a great healthy nutritious crackers recipe for you to try!
- 140g buckwheat flour (1 cup)
- 100g ground almonds (1 cup)
- 1tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp sea salt
- black pepper to taste
- 1-2 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 95ml water (1/3 cup+1tbsp)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan)
- Prepare 2 baking sheets.
- In a bowl whisk together buckwheat flour, ground almonds, flaxseed, sea salt, black pepper and chopped rosemary and set aside.
- Mix olive oil together with water and add to the dry ingredients.
- Bring together into a dough and knead on a surface until smooth. You can add a little water or flour, the dough should be nice and smooth, not sticky or too dry.
- Separate the dough into 2 balls.
- Place one ball between 2 sheets of greaseproof baking paper and roll out until about 2mm thickness.
- Remove the top layer of baking paper and cut the dough into 16 wedges like you would cut a pizza and prick each cracker with a fork few times.
- Transfer onto a baking tray keeping the bottom layer of paper.
- Bake for 10-15 min. Keep an eye on the crackers as the outer edges always bake quicker. You might have to move them around, so they bake evenly.
- Repeat with the rest of the dough.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
- Enjoy with your favourite dip or on its own.