Wholesome delicious gluten-free vegan pumpkin bread with whipped coconut cream and pumpkin caramel.
Here is the promised Pumpkin Walnut Bread with Coconut Frosting and Salted Pumpkin Caramel and you are in for such a treat! This is the first time I’ve made pumpkin bread although I have very closely adapted it from my Plantbased Pumpkin Layer Cake.
I wanted to make this recipe slightly denser and I’ve added little more pumpkin puree and more spices and it was really lovely and full of flavor. The topping I have chosen just tied everything together beautifully and I couldn’t stop myself from eating it!
I am just really grateful to our American neighbors for inventing so many different ways to use pumpkin in desserts because it’s not typical in Britain neither in my country and I absolutely love them! As I said this week I also had a go on a Pumpkin Roll and it came out so well. I’m going to test the recipe one more time before sharing it with you.
If you like the bread to be slightly less wet use only 1 cup of pumpkin puree and adjust the almond milk, aim for thick muffin consistency. I really recommend trying the bread with the simple whipped coconut cream and the Vegan Salted Pumpkin Caramel on top, it was really amazing.
Enjoy the recipe and let me know what you think :)
- 1 cup ground almonds or walnuts (100 grams)
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour (70 grams)
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour (70 grams)
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour (30 grams)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- pinch sea salt
- 1 orange, zest
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar (100 grams)
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed + 6 tablespoons water
- 1 1/4 cup pumpkin puree (300 ml)
- 1/3 cup olive oil (80 ml)
- 1/4 cup almond milk (60ml)
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup walnuts, chopped (75 grams)
- whipped coconut cream
- vegan salted pumpkin caramel
- toasted walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F (180 °C)
- Grease and line 10" x 4 1/2" loaf tin with baking paper.
- Mix 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed with 6 tablespoons water and set aside to thicken.
- In a large bowl whisk together ground almonds, buckwheat flour, brown rice flour, tapioca, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, cloves, allspice, nutmeg and sea salt. Whisk in the sugar and orange zest and set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk together flax eggs, pumpkin puree, olive oil, almond milk and apple cider vinegar.
- Add the wet mix to the dry mix and mix until well combined. You should have a thick muffin consistency. Adjust milk or flour as needed. Fold in chopped walnuts.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into your prepared tin and level out the surface.
- Bake for about 45 to 55 min or until a cocktail stick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven once ready and leave to cool down for 20 min before removing from the tin.
- Once the bread is completely cool, you can frost the top. Place the bread onto a serving plate and using a spatula spread generously with some whipped coconut frosting. Drizzle with salted pumpkin caramel and swirl the two together. Top with a few chopped toasted walnuts.
Aim for thick batter to make it as a loaf. If you're making it as a lower cake aim for muffin consistency.
If you're not planning to frost the bread you can top the bread with chopped walnuts before baking.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 386Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 304mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 6gSugar: 17gProtein: 7g