You can never have enough Banana Bread recipes in your collection. Baking a cozy wholesome banana bread is so nurturing for the soul. And those who will enjoy it :)
And so here is my newest version Blueberry Banana Bread recipe for you to try.
The recipe is a variation of my Carob Banana Bread and as lovely.
I’ve used a mix of sorghum flour, brown rice flour, tapioca and ground almonds for my gluten-free mix. Please feel free to adjust the flours to your taste. This time I have not used any sweetener in my bread but there is an option to add a little. If your bananas are super ripe the bread is sweet enough and not necessary to add any. Unless you’d like it to taste more like a cake then you can add more.
To make it more special I have topped my banana bread with some whipped oat cream, blueberries, coconut flakes and edible dried cornflowers.
Hope you love it :)
- 3 medium bananas (300g)
- 100g ground almonds (1 cup)
- 95g sorghum flour (3/4 cup)
- 70g brown rice flour (1/2 cup )
- 30g tapioca flour/arrowroot (1/4 cup)
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 1tsp ginger (optional)
- pinch of sea salt
- 2tbsp ground flaxseed + 6tbsp water
- 60ml olive oil (1/4 cup)
- 2tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2tbsp maple syrup or almond milk for sugar free option
- 150g blueberries (1 cup)
- whipped plant-based cream
- flaked coconut
- edible dried cornflowers
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350F)
- Line 10" x 4½" loaf tin with baking paper.
- Mix 2tbsp of ground flaxseed with water and set aside to thicken.
- Peel and mash the bananas with a fork and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together ground almonds, sorghum flour, brown rice flour, tapioca flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon, ginger and salt and set aside.
- In a different bowl whisk gelled flax eggs, olive oil, apple cider vinegar and maple syrup or milk if using.
- Add the wet mix together with the mashed bananas to the dry mix and mix until combined. You should have thick bread mix.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Spoon into your lined tin and level the surface.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until a cocktail stick comes out almost clean. Will be slightly sticky.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool down.
- If you'd love to decorate it top with whipped plant-based cream, blueberries, flaked coconut and edible flowers.