Baking a cozy, wholesome banana bread has never been this easy and tasted this amazing!
You can never have enough Banana Bread recipes in your collection. Baking a cozy wholesome banana bread is so nurturing for the soul. And those who will enjoy it :)
And so here is my newest version Blueberry Banana Bread recipe for you to try.
The recipe is a variation of my Carob Banana Bread and as lovely.
I’ve used a mix of sorghum flour, brown rice flour, tapioca and ground almonds for my gluten-free mix. Please feel free to adjust the flours to your taste. This time I have not used any sweetener in my bread but there is an option to add a little. If your bananas are super ripe the bread is sweet enough and not necessary to add any. Unless you’d like it to taste more like a cake then you can add more.
To make it more special I have topped my banana bread with some whipped oat cream, blueberries, coconut flakes and edible dried cornflowers.
Hope you love it :)
- 3 medium bananas (300 grams)
- 1 cup ground almonds (100 grams)
- 3/4 cup sorghum flour (95 grams)
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour (70 grams)
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour/arrowroot (30 grams)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger (optional)
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed + 6 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup olive oil (60 ml)
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or almond milk for sugar-free option
- 1 cup blueberries (150 grams)
- whipped plant-based cream
- flaked coconut
- edible dried cornflowers
- Preheat the oven to 360 °F (180 °C)
- Line 10" x 4 1/2" loaf tin with baking paper.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of ground flaxseed with water and set aside to thicken.
- Peel and mash the bananas with a fork and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together ground almonds, sorghum flour, brown rice flour, tapioca flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon, ginger and salt and set aside.
- In a different bowl whisk gelled flax eggs, olive oil, apple cider vinegar and maple syrup or milk if using.
- Add the wet mix together with the mashed bananas to the dry mix and mix until combined. You should have thick bread mix.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Spoon into your lined tin and level the surface.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until a cocktail stick comes out almost clean. Will be slightly sticky.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool down.
- If you'd love to decorate it top with whipped plant-based cream, blueberries, flaked coconut and edible flowers.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 367Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 333mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 6gSugar: 17gProtein: 6g