If you like me find yourself with coconut flour that needs using up these Coconut Flour Bliss Balls are the perfect recipe for you. Wholesome and really tasty, perfect for a mid afternoon snack or if you’re craving something sweet.
I’ve made them couple of times last week. First when a friend was visiting and I needed something quick to prepare to go with tea. And because they were so yummy I’ve decided to make them again for my blog.
The bliss balls are made with a simple mix of coconut flour, ground almonds (almond flour if you prefer), cacao butter and little sweetener. If you don’t have cacao butter then coconut oil will work here too. I’ve made three different variations of these bliss balls. One plain coconut, one with raw cacao and one with beetroot powder. I absolutely loved the ones with the beetroot powder.
You can use the basic coconut recipe and add any other flavours or fruit and veggie powders of your choice.
Just so simple, quick and look beautiful too for a little treat.
Hope you love them :)
- 100g coconut flour (1 cup)
- 100g ground almonds (1 cup)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch sea salt
- 2tbsp liquid sweetener of your choice
- 40g cacao butter, 60ml melted (1/4 cup)
- 3tbsp water
- 1tbsp beetroot powder
- 1tbsp raw cacao
- coconut flour, beetroot powder and cacao to roll
- Place coconut flour, ground almonds, cinnamon and sea salt into food processor and blend until mixed.
- Gently melt cacao butter.
- Add liquid sweetener of your choice, melted cacao butter and blend until mixed.
- Add water one tbsp at time until the mix sticks when pressed together.
- Split the mix into three parts.
- Leave one plain and add beetroot powder and cacao powder into the other two. Add little more water as needed.
- Using your hands make even size balls.
- Roll each ball in coconut flour, beetroot powder and cacao powder.
- Store in fridge.
You can replace cacao butter with coconut oil.