Chocolate Raspberry Bavarois Recipe. Absolutely delicious vegan, grain-free wholesome dessert with raw crust and light chocolate and raspberry agar jelly.
Special thank you to Amore di Mona for sponsoring this post.
This Chocolate Raspberry Bavarois is not your traditional bavarois loaded with milk, eggs, gelatin and creme, my take on this traditional dessert is wholesome, plantbased and hopefully even more delicious.
Created for Amore di Mona vegan chocolate it’s another nut and coconut-free vegan recipe that I hope many of you will appreciate and can enjoy this summer.
The bottom layer is a simple raw base crust with sunflower seeds, shelled hemp seeds, cacao and medjool dates. Next is my favorite, the chocolate layer, which is a mix of dark chocolate, oat cream and agar flakes. And then you have the beautifully contrasting raspberry layer with raspberries, oat cream and agar flakes.
I’ve used organic frozen raspberries in this layer (I always have some in my freezer) but you can use fresh ones while in season. When using frozen raspberries you will achieve a deeper richer color.
It’s really a simple dessert, fairly quick to make and each layer sets very quickly so you can make it on the day if you like. The taste is absolutely gorgeous, everyone loved it, I’m quite impressed with how simple this recipe is and how well it works. I don’t get to make many of my cakes twice, because I’m always creating new recipes, but I will definitely be making this one again! Enjoy :)
- 1 cup sunflower seeds (120g)
- 1/3 cup shelled hemp seeds (40g)
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch sea salt
- 6 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 5 ounces dark vegan chocolate (150g)
- 1 cup oat cream (240ml)
- 1 tablespoon agar flakes
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 cups frozen raspberries (200g)
- 1/2 cup water (120ml)
- 1 cup oat cream (240ml)
- 3 tablespoons agar flakes
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- fresh raspberries or other seasonal berries
- chocolate shards
- Place sunflower seeds into food processor or blender and pulse few times until they are coarsely ground. Add hemp seeds, cacao, cinnamon, sea salt and pitted dates and blend until the mixture starts coming together when pressed. Add maple syrup if needed and blend until the mixture sticks together.
- Spoon the mix into 6" round cake tin with removable base. Press tightly and evenly onto the base. Place into a fridge.
- Chocolate layer:
- Finely chop dark chocolate, place into a medium bowl and set aside.
- Pour oat cream into a small pot, stir in agar flakes, bring to a boil and leave to simmer for about 5 to 10 minutes stirring frequently until the flakes have dissolved. Stir in the chopped chocolate and mix until completely melted. Finally mix in maple syrup and carefully pour onto the crust layer. Place into fridge to set. It takes about 15 to 30 minutes to set.
- Raspberry layer:
- Place raspberries into a small pot, add water and bring to a boil, gently simmer for 5 to 10 minutes until broken down and mushy. Now press the mixture through a mesh sieve. Measure 1 cup (240ml) and pour it back into the pot. Add oat cream, maple syrup and agar flakes and stir well. Bring the mix to a boil and leave to simmer for about 10 to 15 minutes stirring frequently until the flakes have dissolved.
- Take off the heat and leave to cool down before carefully pouring on top of the chocolate layer. Place back into fridge to set. It takes about 15 to 30 minutes to set.
- Gently remove the cake from the cake tin and place onto a cake stand. Top with some fresh raspberries, seasonal berries and chocolate shards.
- If you're using fresh raspberries in the raspberry layer, 2 cups are about 250g.
- You can replace the oat cream with other vegan cream or coconut cream.
- If you can tolerate nuts in the recipe, a combination of almonds and sunflower seeds in the crust is lovely too.
- I have another version of this recipe here with strawberries and peaches.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 423Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 999mgCarbohydrates: 56gFiber: 10gSugar: 31gProtein: 10g