Reishi Chocolate Tarts have been on my list to make for a while and I always imagined them decorated with beautiful Spring blossoms. Two weeks ago I came across someone who had just trimmed their cherry tree and I walked out with the most gorgeous branch of cherry blossoms and I absolutely had to make these little tarts to see my vision come alive.
More photos in this post than usual, because I had so much fun with my camera photographing the wonders of nature and my passion :)
These tarts are an adaptation between two of my recipes, Summer Berry Tarts and Cherry Chocolate Tart, both amazing recipes that I make quite often, please do check them also out, they are both perfect recipes for coming season :)
The tart shell is baked with a mixture of ground almonds, teff flour, cacao, coconut oil and maple syrup. And then they are simply filled with chocolate ganache infused with reishi. The reishi is optional and you don’t have to include it in the recipe. I love the flavour of reishi, it goes beautifully with the intense flavour of dark chocolate and I regularly drink reishi tea.
I’m thinking these would also be great made with raw crust and you could use any of my other raw crust tart recipes that I’ve made previously if you like to try and don’t fancy baking. Would look beautiful decorated with fresh seasonal berries or fruit. Strawberries would be perfect. Enjoy the recipe!
Much Love Hxx
- Tart shell:
- 100g ground almonds (1 cup)
- 70g teff flour (1/2 cup)
- 30g arrowroot (1/4 cup)
- 2tbsp cacao powder
- pinch sea salt
- 60ml coconut oil, melted (1/4 cup)
- 60ml maple syrup (1/4 cup)
- 1tsp water
- Chocolate ganache filling:
- 200g dark chocolate (7oz)
- 300ml full fat canned coconut milk (1¼ cup)
- 1-2tsp reishi mushroom powder (optional)
- 1-2tbsp maple syrup
- seasonal fruit
- edible flowers
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350F)
- In a large bowl whisk together ground almonds, teff flour, arrowroot, cacao powder and pinch of salt.
- Add coconut oil and maple syrup and with a fork stir the mixture until it starts coming together. Mix in 1tsp of water. Press some of the dough together, it should stick together. Add another 1tsp of water if needed.
- Use your hands to gently bring it into a smooth soft dough.
- Divide the dough into 6 small balls.
- Evenly press each ball onto the base and up the sides into each little tart to form a crust.
- Pierce the base few times with a fork and bake for about 12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool down for about 20 minutes before removing from the tart tins. If the base sticks, use knife to gently break the seal.
- Chop the dark chocolate and place into a small bowl. In a pan heat coconut milk with reishi powder on a low fire until it comes to a boiling point. Pour over the chopped chocolate and mix until completely melted. Stir in maple syrup.
- Pour the chocolate ganache evenly into each tart shell and place into fridge to set to desired consistency. It should be set between 1½ to 2 hours.
- Decorate to your taste and enjoy!
If you like to make these with coconut cream, use 360ml coconut cream and 150g dark chocolate.