Simple wholesome gingerbread cookies decorated with white chocolate and edible gold powder.
My second Christmas recipe this year are these lovely and simple Gingerbread Cookies. They are a variation of my Walnut Fennel Cookies from last Christmas that you might have tried. Flavored with lovely gingerbread spices and simply decorated these are perfect for your Christmas baking.
This Christmas I’m really craving simplicity, so my first two recipes that I’m sharing with you are simple no fuss recipes.
Wholesome gluten-free and vegan they’re also easily adaptable to your favorite ingredients and spices. I’ve used ground almonds in the recipe but ground walnuts or hazelnuts would also work really well.
For the decoration I have simply dipped them in some melted vegan white chocolate, it’s something I do with my son so I don’t have to use white sugar icing. Otherwise he just eats the whole lot!
I have used little edible gold lustre powder to dust on top. It looks also lovely with some crushed pistachios, cacao nibs or freeze dried raspberries.
Simple, beautiful & festive!
- 1/2 cup ground almonds, walnuts or hazelnuts (50 grams)
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour (70 grams)
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour (70 grams)
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour (30 grams)
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 teaspoon ginger
- Preheat the oven to 360 °F (180 °C)
- In a large bowl whisk together ground nuts, buckwheat flour, brown rice flour, tapioca flour, bicarbonate of soda, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, allspice and salt.
- Add molasses, maple syrup and melted coconut oil and with a fork stir the mixture until it starts coming together. Mix in 1 teaspoon of water at a time and using your hands bring it into a smooth soft dough. You can use food processor if you prefer.
- Roll out the dough between two sheets of baking paper until about 5mm thickness. Use Christmas cookie cutters to cut out cookies and place them onto lined baking sheet.
- Bake for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool down.
- If you like to decorate them, gently melt the white chocolate and dip each cookie in chocolate just to cover the top. Place onto a baking sheet, sprinkle with little gold powder and leave to set.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 155Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 54mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 1gSugar: 8gProtein: 2g