I’ve created this simple Spring Goddess Salad to go with my amazing Wild Garlic Sauce that is a variation of my Wild Garlic Spring Greens Brazil Nut Pesto.
It’s a fresh crunchy raw salad with a mix of spiralised zucchini, shaved carrots, shredded red cabbage and rocket leaves. Then it’s drizzled with the wild garlic sauce and topped with shelled hemp seeds and fresh chives.
It’s a very quick salad to put together and would be lovely for a starter for your dinner party or even for a light lunch. In fact I found it very filling for my lunch.
Shaved or spiralised vegetables always look pretty and create nice textures in a salad, perfect if you like to make something more interesting and special.
You can really easily put your own spin on this dish, I’ve taken ingredients that I had in fridge and that would work well together. Shaved asparagus would work well here too, thinly sliced fennel or radishes. And if you like something milder or when wild garlic is out of season you could also try my Green Cashew Sauce. Enjoy!
Spring Goddess Salad
- 1 zucchini, spiralised
- 2 carrots, shaved
- 1/4 red cabbage, finely shredded
- handful of rocket leaves (arugula)
- 1 quantity Wild Garlic Sauce
- shelled hemp seeds
- chopped chives
- edible flowers
- Wash and spiralise zucchini. If you don't have spiraliser you can shave it into long strips.
- Wash, peel and shave carrots into long strips.
- Wash and finely shred cabbage.
- Rinse the rocket salad leaves.
- Prepare Wild Garlic Sauce from this recipe.
- Arrange all of the veggies on the serving plates.
- Generously drizzle with the Wild Garlic Sauce. Sprinkle with shelled hemp seeds, chopped chives and top with few edible flowers.
- Enjoy right away.
Leave a Reply