This is a paid advertorial with Tesco. All opinions are my own.
Although the Spring is almost in the air, February still calls for a cosy warming meals and I have the most amazing winter warmer for you today – Spicy Harissa Vegetable Bake.
This recipe is not my own, but adapted from Tesco’s new vegan recipe collection whom have recently approached me to re-create one of their recipes. And as I’m a big fan of Tesco and especially their organic fresh produce I was really happy to have a go.
Packed with last of the winter veggies – squash, parsnips, beetroot and beautiful flavours of harissa, coriander, cumin and smoked paprika this is the most delicious wholesome dinner for those cooler days. Perfect served with simple green salad, rocket or watercress.
The recipe might look little complicated, but it really is simple and I have even created a video so you can see how easy it’s to make it for yourself.
The original recipe calls for crumbled ciabatta on the top, but as I follow gluten-free diet I have simply topped the dish with few flaked almonds and pumpkin seeds instead. I’ve also made a second version of this recipe when I’ve used the cannellinni beans to make mash and used that as a topping for the veggies. If you fancy trying it out, it was really delicious too.
And if you like to see the original recipe, please checkout Tesco’s website for even more inspiration. Enjoy :)
Much Love Hxx
- 400g squash, peeled, seeded and chopped (3 cups)
- 200g parsnips, peeled and chopped (1½ cups)
- 200g beetroot, peeled and chopped (1½ cups)
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1tbsp harissa
- sea salt
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- sea salt
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 400g tin cannellini beans
- handful of fresh parsley or coriander, chopped
- flaked almonds & pumpkin seeds
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400F)
- Place the squash, parsnips and beetroot in a shallow roasting tray, drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil, 1tbsp harissa and good pinch of sea salt and stir to coat. Place into the oven and roast for about 40 minutes.
- In a small pot heat 1tbsp oil, add the chopped onion and cook for about 5 mins until softened. Stir in chopped garlic, coriander, cumin, smoked paprika and sea salt and cook for another 2 mins. Add the chopped tomatoes, 60ml water and simmer covered for 20 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Scoop roasted veggies into 9" pie dish, top with drained and rinsed cannellini beans, tomato sauce and chopped parsley, mix well and level out the surface. Sprinkle with flaked almonds and pumpkin seeds and bake on 200°C (400F) for about 30 minutes.
- Top with more fresh herbs before serving.