It’s an ice cream season! Not that I’m a huge fan of ice cream, but on a hot day, is there anything better to indulge in? Well, I could think of couple more things :) And as I don’t have many ice cream recipes on my blog, mainly because they are so tricky to photograph, it’s definitely time for a new one.
So here it comes – Cherry Tahini Nice Cream. Utterly amazing, simple to throw together and the best instant treat for kids and adults alike.
For this nice cream I’ve used a blend of frozen bananas, tahini and cinnamon. These flavours are heavenly for me, but if you’re not a fan of tahini, you can replace it with almond butter or just leave it out completely. If you like extra sweetness add tiny bit of maple syrup or 1 medjool date, which alongside with tahini helps with the blending process.
The cherry sauce is a simple blend of fresh cherries and medjool dates and it makes it just that extra bit more special. Make the sauce first and then blend the nice cream just before serving. Top or layer your nice cream with the sauce and devour. And if you have some leftover cherry sauce it tastes great on top of a porridge. Enjoy!
Tahini nice cream:
- 4 ripe bananas, frozen
- 2tbsp tahini
- 1/2tsp cinnamon
- pinch pink Himalayan salt
- 2tsp maple syrup or 1 medjool date (optional)
- 150g cherries (1 cup)
- 2 medjool dates
- 25g dark vegan chocolate
- 1tbsp hemp seeds
- Break or cut ripe bananas into chunks, place into freezer safe bag and leave to freeze overnight.
- To make simple chocolate slab, gently melt dark chocolate in double boiler, pour onto baking paper, sprinkle with hemp seeds and place into freezer until set. Once set break into pieces.
- To make the cherry sauce, pit all of the cherries and medjool dates. Place into blender and blend until smooth. For a thicker sauce add more medjool dates.
- Just before serving, place frozen banana chunks into a high speed blender, add tahini, cinnamon, pinch of pink salt and blend until smooth. Stop the blender and scrape the sides as needed. Taste the nice cream and add tiny bit of sweetener only if you would like more sweetness or to help with the blending.
- Serve immediately topped or layered with the cherry sauce, chocolate slab pieces and fresh cherries.